- Inzucchi S.E.
- Bergenstal R.M.
- Buse J.B.
- et al.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Systematic strategies for improved outcomes for the hyperglycemic hospitalized patient with diabetes mellitus.Am J Cardiol. 2005; 96: 41E-46E
- American Diabetes Association Diabetes in Hospitals Writing Committee. Management of diabetes and hyperglycemia in hospitals.Diabetes Care. 2004; 27: 553-591
- American Diabetes Association, European Association for the Study of Diabetes. Management of hyperglycemia in type 2 diabetes, a patient-centered approach: position statement of the American Diabetes Association and the European Association for the Study of Diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2012; 35: 1364-1379
- Society of Hospital Medicine Glycemic Control Task Force. The case for supporting inpatient glycemic control programs now: the evidence and beyond.J Hosp Med. 2008; 3: 6-16
- Pathways to quality inpatient management of hyperglycemia and diabetes: a call to action.Diabetes Care. 2013; 36: 1807-1814
- Sliding scale insulin: time to stop sliding.JAMA. 2009; 301: 213-214
- Inpatient management of diabetes and hyperglycemia among general medicine patients at a large teaching hospital.J Hosp Med. 2006; 1: 145-150
- Randomized study of basal-bolus insulin therapy in the inpatient management of patients with type 2 diabetes (RABBIT 2 trial).Diabetes Care. 2007; 30: 2181-2186
- Randomized study of basal-bolus insulin therapy in the inpatient management of patients with type 2 diabetes undergoing general surgery (RABBIT 2 surgery).Diabetes Care. 2011; 34: 256-261
- Improved inpatient use of basal insulin reduced hypoglycemia and improved glycemic control: effect of structured subcutaneous insulin order sets and an insulin management algorithm.J Hosp Med. 2009; 4: 3-15
- Effect of a diabetes order set of glycaemic management and control in the hospital.Qual Saf Health Care. 2008; 17: 464-468
- Impact of improvement efforts on glycemic control and hypoglycemia at a university medical centre.J Hosp Med. 2009; 4: 331-339
- Insulin order sets improve glycemic control and processes of care.Am J Med. 2012; 125: 922-928
- Canadian Diabetes Association 2013 Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Prevention and Management of Diabetes in Canada: in-hospital management of diabetes.Can J Diabetes. 2013; 37: S77-S81
- Subcutaneous insulin order sets and protocols: effective design and implementation strategies.J Hosp Med. 2008; 3: S29-S41
ISMP's List of High-Alert Medications 2012. http://www.ismp.org/Tools/highalertmedications.pdf.
ISMP Canada. Report to Ministry of Health and Long-term Care. Knowledge translation of insulin use interventions/safeguards. June 2012. http://www.ismp-canada.org/insulin/.
- Effects of a computerized insulin order set on the inpatient management of hyperglycemia: a cluster-randomized controlled trial.Endocr Pract. 2010; 16: 209-218
- Effectiveness of a computerized insulin order template in general medical inpatients with type 2 diabetes: a cluster randomized trial.Diabetes Care. 2010; 33: 2181-2183
- Impact of endocrine and diabetes team consultation on hospital length of stay for patients with diabetes.Am J Med. 1995; 99: 22-28
- Effects of an intervention by a diabetes team in hospitalized patients with diabetes.Diabetes Care. 1997; 20: 1553-1555