- Global prevalence of diabetes: Estimates for the year 2000 and projections for 2030.Diabetes Care. 2004; 27: 1047-1053
- Global complication rates of type 2 diabetes in Indigenous peoples: A comprehensive review.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2008; 82: 1-17
- Non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus in Indian children in Manitoba.Can Med Assoc J. 1992; 147: 52-57
- Type 2 diabetes in youth in Manitoba, Canada, 1986-2002.Can J Diabetes. 2003; 27: 449-454
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus in children: Prenatal and early infancy risk factors among native Canadians.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2002; 156: 651-655
Sellers EAC, Hadjiyannakis S, Amed S, et al. Minimum prevalence of persistent albuminuria in youth <18 years of age with type 2 diabetes mellitus: A Canadian Paediatric Surveillance Program Study. Chicago, IL: American Diabetes Association Meeting, June 2013.
- The epidemiology of diabetes mellitus among First Nations and non-First Nations children in Saskatchewan.Can J Diabetes. 2012; 36: 19-24https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jcjd2011.11.001
- End-stage renal disease in people with diabetes: A comparison of First Nations people and other Saskatchewan residents from 1981-2005.Can J Diabetes. 2010; 34: 324-333
- Differential mortality and the excess burden of end-stage renal disease among First Nations people with diabetes: A competing risks analysis.Can Med Assoc J. 2014; 186: 103-109
- Epidemiology of diabetes mellitus among First Nations and non-First Nations adults.Can Med Assoc J. 2010; 182: 249-256
- Re-assessing the population impacts of Bill C-31: Strategic research and analysis directorate.Indian and Northern Affairs Canada, Ottawa, Ontario2004
Statistics Canada. 2001 census Aboriginal population profiles. 2002. Released June 17, 2003. Last modified 11/30, 2005. Statistics Canada Catalogue no. 93F0043XIE.
Saskatchewan Health covered population 2007: Saskatchewan Health, Regina. http://www.health.gov.sk.ca/covered-population2007/csv.htm. June 2007. Accessed October 2008.
- Diabetes in Ontario: determination of prevalence and incidence using a validated administrative data algorithm.Diabetes Care. 2002; 25: 512-516
- Validation of a health administrative data algorithm for assessing the epidemiology of diabetes in Canadian children.Pediatr Diabetes. 2010; 11: 122-128
- Type 2 diabetes, medication-induced diabetes, and monogenic diabetes in Canadian children: A prospective national surveillance study.Diabetes Care. 2010; 33: 786-791
- A proportional hazards model for the subdistribution of a competing risk.J Am Stat Assoc. 1999; 94: 496-509
- on behalf of the FinnDiane Study Group. Competing-risk analysis of ESRD and death among patients with type 1 diabetes and macroalbuminuria.J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011; 22: 537-544
- Competing risks: A practical perspective.John Wiley and Sons, Chichester2006
- A class of K-sample tests for comparing the cumulative incidence of a competing risk.Ann Statis. 1988; 16: 1141-1154
- High burden of kidney disease in youth-onset diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2012; 35: 1265-1271
- Vascular disease in younger-onset diabetes: Comparison of European, Asian and American Indian cohorts of the WHO multinational study of vascular disease in diabetes.Diabetologia. 2001; 44: S78-S81
- Genetics of type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Med. 2005; 22: 517-535
- Intrauterine diabetic environment confers risk for type 2 diabetes mellitus and obesity in the offspring, in addition to genetic susceptibility.J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2001; 14: 1085-1091
- The inter- and intra-generational impact of gestational diabetes on the epidemic of type 2 diabetes.Am J Pub Health. 2011; 101: 173-179
- Intrauterine diabetes exposure and the risk of renal disease in diabetic Pima Indians.Diabetes. 1998; 47: 1489-1493
- An association of maternal age and birth weight with end-stage renal disease in Saskatchewan.Am J Nephrol. 2003; 23: 395-402
- Decreased urine albumin:creatinine ratios in infants of diabetic mothers: Does exposure to diabetic pregnancies alter fetal renal development?.J Dev Orig Health Dis. 2011; 2: 265-271
- Quality of care for First Nations and non-First Nations people with diabetes.Can J Am Soc Nephrol. 2013; https://doi.org/10.2215/CJN.10461012
Klomp H, Dyck RF, Sidhu N, et al. Measuring quality of diabetes care by linking health care system administrative databases with laboratory data. BMC Res Notes. www.biomedcentral.com/1756-0500/3/233. Accessed January 2014.
- Prevalence, predictors and co-morbidities of chronic kidney disease among First Nations adults with diabetes: Results from the CIRCLE study.BMC Nephrol. 2012; 13: 57https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2369-13-57
- Macroalbuminuria and renal pathology in First Nation youth with type 2 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2009; 32: 786-790
- In the absence of renal disease, 20-year mortality risk in type 1 diabetes is comparable to that of the general population: A report from the Pittsburgh Epidemiology of Diabetes Complications Study.Diabetologia. 2010; 53: 2312-2319
- Obesity and type 2 diabetes in a birth cohort of First Nations children born to mothers with pediatric-onset type 2 diabetes.Pediatr Diabetes. 2011; 12: 219-228
- Effect of youth-onset type 2 diabetes mellitus on end-stage renal disease and mortality in young and middle-aged Pima Indians.JAMA. 2010; 296: 421-426
- Protection of kidney function and decrease in albuminuria by captopril in insulin dependent diabetics with nephropathy.BMJ. 1988; 297: 1086-1091
Ying Jiang is currently with the Ontario Cancer Institute, but her work on this project stems from her position as a graduate student at the University of Saskatchewan.