Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Metabolic consequences of very-low-calorie diet therapy in obese non-insulin-dependent diabetic and nondiabetic subjects.Diabetes. 1986; 35: 155-164
- Weight loss for individuals with type 2 diabetes following a very-low-calorie diet in a community-based setting with trained facilitators for 12 weeks.Clin Obes. 2013; 3: 150-157
- Type II diabetic subjects lose less weight than their overweight nondiabetic spouses.Diabetes Care. 1987; 10: 563-566
- Less fat reduction per unit weight loss in type 2 diabetic compared with nondiabetic obese individuals completing a very-low-calorie diet program.Metabolism. 2012; 61: 873-882
- Comparison of obese NIDDM and nondiabetic women: Short- and long-term weight loss.Obes Res. 1995; 3: 329-335
- Clinical efficacy of a medically supervised outpatient high-protein, low-calorie diet program is equivalent in prediabetic, diabetic and normoglycemic obese patients.Nutr Diabetes. 2014; 4: e105
- An intensive weight loss programme in established type 2 diabetes and controls: Effects on weight and atherosclerosis risk factors at 1 year.Diabet Med. 1998; 15: 73-79
- Impaired mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation and supercomplex assembly in rectus abdominis muscle of diabetic obese individuals.Diabetologia. 2015; 58: 2861-2866
- Development and evaluation of patient-centered software for a weight-management clinic.Obes Res. 2002; 10: 651-656
- Decreased mitochondrial proton leak and reduced expression of uncoupling protein 3 in skeletal muscle of obese diet-resistant women.Diabetes. 2002; 51: 2459-2466
- Pharmacologic management of type 2 diabetes.Can J Diabetes. 2013; 37: S61-S68
- Definition, classification and diagnosis of diabetes, prediabetes and metabolic syndrome.Can J Diabetes. 2013; 37: S8-11
- Canadian Diabetes Association 1998 clinical practice guidelines for the management of diabetes in Canada.CMAJ. 1998; 159: S1-29
- Weight losses with low-energy formula diets in obese patients with and without type 2 diabetes: Systematic review and meta-analysis.Int J Obes. 2017; 41: 96-101
The Canadian Diabetes Association is the registered owner of the name Diabetes Canada.