Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
International Diabetes Federation. Gestational diabetes. https://www.idf.org/our-activities/care-prevention/gdm. Accessed March 6, 2018.
- Increased risk of cardiovascular disease in young women following gestational diabetes mellitus.Diabetes Care. 2008; 31: 1668-1669
- Association of history of gestational diabetes with long-term cardiovascular disease risk in a large prospective cohort of US women.JAMA Intern Med. 2017; 177: 1735-1742
- Associations of prediabetes with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality: A meta-analysis.Ann Med. 2014; 46: 684-692
- Impaired fasting plasma glucose and type 2 diabetes are related to the risk of out-of-hospital sudden cardiac death and all-cause mortality.Diabetes Care. 2013; 36: 1166-1171
- Metabolic burden and disease and mortality risk associated with impaired fasting glucose in elderly adults.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2015; 63: 1435-1442
- Diabetes Epidemiology: Collaborative analysis Of Diagnostic criteria in Europe. Glucose tolerance and mortality: Comparison of WHO and American Diabetes Association diagnostic criteria.Lancet. 1999; 354: 617-621
- Postprandial blood glucose is a stronger predictor of cardiovascular events than fasting blood glucose in type 2 diabetes mellitus, particularly in women: Lessons from the San Luigi Gonzaga Diabetes Study.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006; 91: 813-819
- Hyperglycemia is associated with all-cause and cardiovascular mortality in the Hoorn population: The Hoorn Study.Diabetologia. 1999; 42: 926-931
- Is nondiabetic hyperglycemia a risk factor for cardiovascular disease? A meta-analysis of prospective studies.Arch Intern Med. 2004; 164: 2147-2155
- Low fasting plasma glucose level as a predictor of cardiovascular disease and all-cause mortality.Circulation. 2000; 101: 2047-2052
- Isolated post-challenge hyperglycaemia confirmed as a risk factor for mortality.Diabetologia. 1999; 42: 1050-1054
- Incident coronary events and case fatality in relation to common carotid intima-media thickness.J Intern Med. 2005; 257: 430-437
- Predicting body composition by densitometry from simple anthropometric measurements.Am J Clin Nutr. 1996; 63: 4-14
- Peripheral sensory neuropathy associates with micro- or macroangiopathy: Results from a population-based study of type 2 diabetic patients in Sweden.Diabetes Care. 2009; 32: 317e22
National Kidney Foundation. Calculator for Healthcare Professionals. http://www.kidney.org/professionals/kdoqi/gfr_calculator.cfm. Accessed March 6, 2018.
- Reference Values for Arterial Measurements Collaboration. Reference intervals for common carotid intima-media thickness measured with echotracking: Relation with risk factors.Eur Heart J. 2013; 34: 2368-2380
- International association of diabetes and pregnancy study groups recommendations on the diagnosis and classification of hyperglycemia in pregnancy.Diabetes Care. 2010; 33: 676-682
World Health Organization. Diagnostic criteria and classification of hyperglycaemia first detected in pregnancy. http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/handle/10665/85975/WHO_NMH_MND_13.2_eng.pdf;jsessionid=38F931C8915031BDCC9519C7F91B86BE?sequence=1. Accessed March 6, 2018.
- The metabolic syndrome: A new worldwide definition.Lancet. 2005; 366: 1059-1062
- The graded relationship between glucose tolerance status in pregnancy and postpartum levels of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol and apolipoprotein B in young women: Implications for future cardiovascular risk.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010; 95: 4345-4353
- Serum cholesterol, lipoproteins, and the risk of coronary heart disease: The Framingham study.Ann Intern Med. 1971; 74: 1-12
- Relationship of baseline serum cholesterol levels in 3 large cohorts of younger men to long-term coronary, cardiovascular, and all-cause mortality and to longevity.JAMA. 2000; 284: 311-318
- Association between baseline risk factors, cigarette smoking, and CHD mortality after 10.5 years. MRFIT Research Group.Prev Med. 1991; 20: 655-659
- High-density lipoprotein: The clinical implications of recent studies.N Engl J Med. 1989; 321: 1311-1316
- High-density lipoprotein levels and risk of cardiovascular events: A review.J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown). 2012; 13: 575-586
- Relationship of postload plasma glucose to mortality with 19-yr follow-up: Comparison of one versus two plasma glucose measurements in the Chicago Peoples Gas Company Study.Diabetes Care. 1992; 15: 1328-1334
- A New Zealand linkage study examining the association between A1c concentration and mortality.Diabetes Care. 2008; 31: 1144-1149
- Mild glucose intolerance in pregnancy and risk of cardiovascular disease: A population-based cohort study.CMAJ. 2009; 181: 371-376
- Pregnancy complications and maternal cardiovascular risk: Opportunities for intervention and screening?.BMJ. 2002; 325: 157-160
- MicroRNA-492 reverses high glucose-induced insulin resistance in HUVEC cells through targeting resistin.Mol Cell Biochem. 2014; 391: 117-125
- Physical activity before and during pregnancy and risk of gestational diabetes mellitus: A meta-analysis.Diabetes Care. 2011; 34: 223-229
- Pre-pregnancy dietary patterns and risk of gestational diabetes mellitus: Results from an Australian population-based prospective cohort study.Diabetologia. 2015; 58: 2726-2735
- Prepregnancy adherence to dietary patterns and lower risk of gestational diabetes mellitus.Am J Clin Nutr. 2012; 96: 289-295