Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Canadian Journal of Diabetes
- Intensive blood glucose control and vascular outcomes in patients with type 2 diabetes.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 2560-2572
- Diabetes Canada 2018 Clinical Practice Guidelines for the Prevention and Management of Diabetes in Canada.Can J Diabetes. 2018; 42: S1-S325
- 12. Older adults: Standards of medical care in diabetes---2020.Diabetes Care. 2020; 43: S152-S162
- American Geriatrics Society identifies five things that healthcare providers and patients should question.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2013; 61: 622-631
- Deintensification of diabetes medications among Veterans at the end of life in VA nursing homes.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2020; 68: 736-745
- Are elderly patients with diabetes being overtreated in French long-term-care homes?.Diabetes Metab. 2010; 36: 272-277
- glycemic control and use of high-risk antihyperglycemic agents among nursing home residents with diabetes in Ontario, Canada.JAMA Intern Med. 2021; 181: 992-994
- Insights into the current management of older adults with type 2 diabetes in the Ontario primary care setting.Can J Diabetes. 2018; 42: 23-30
- An evidence-based medicine approach to antihyperglycemic therapy in diabetes mellitus to overcome overtreatment.Circulation. 2017; 135: 180-195
- Assessing the burden of treatment.J Gen Intern Med. 2017; 32: 1141-1145
- What is deprescribing? 2021.https://deprescribing.org/what-is-deprescribingDate accessed: March 30, 2021
- Deintensification in older patients with type 2 diabetes: A systematic review of approaches, rates and outcomes.Diabetes Obes Metab. 2019; 21: 1668-1679
- Lack of evidence to guide deprescribing of antihyperglycemics: A systematic review.Diabetes Ther. 2017; 8: 23-31
- The PRISMA statement for reporting systematic reviews and meta-analyses of studies that evaluate health care interventions: Explanation and elaboration.J Clin Epidemiol. 2009; 62: e1-e34
Higgins JPT, Savović J, Page MJ, Elbers RG, Sterne JAC. Chapter 8: Assessing risk of bias in a randomized trial. In: Higgins JPT, Thomas J, Chandler J, et al, editors. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 6.2 (updated February 2021). 2021. www.training.cochrane.org/handbook. Accessed March 30, 2021.
Sterne JAC, Hernán MA, McAleenan A, Reeves BC, Higgins JPT. Chapter 25: Assessing risk of bias in a non-randomized study. In: Higgins JPT, Thomas J, Chandler J, et al, editors. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 6.2 (updated February 2021). 2021. www.training.cochrane.org/handbook. Accessed March 30, 2021.
Higgins JPT, Thomas J, Chandler J, editors. Cochrane Handbook for Systematic Reviews of Interventions Version 6.2 (updated February 2021). 2021. www.training.cochrane.org/handbook. Accessed March 30, 2021.
- (developed by Evidence Prime, Inc). GRADEpro Guideline Development Tool [software].Accessed March 30, 2021)
- Effects of TZD use and discontinuation on fracture rates in ACCORD bone study.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015; 100: 4059-4066
- Effect of switching from sulphonylurea to repaglinide twice or three times daily for 4 months on glycemic control in Japanese patients with type 2 diabetes.Intern Med. 2016; 55: 1697-1703
- Reduction in glucose fluctuations in elderly patients with type 2 diabetes using repaglinide: A randomized controlled trial of repaglinide vs sulfonylurea.J Diabetes Investig. 2019; 10: 367-374
- Evaluation of a pharmacist-managed antidiabetic deprescribing program in an integrated health care system.J Manag Care Spec Pharm. 2019; 25: 927-934
- Intervention to decrease glyburide use in elderly patients with renal insufficiency.Am J Geriatr Pharmacother. 2011; 9: 58-68
- Can diabetes medication be reduced in elderly patients?: An observational study of diabetes drug withdrawal in nursing home patients with tight glycaemic control.Diabetes Res Clin Pract. 2008; 82: 197-202
The GRADE Working Group. In: Schünemann H, Brożek J, Guyatt G, Oxman A, editors. GRADE Handbook for Grading Quality of Evidence and Strength of Recommendations. (updated October 2013). http://guidelinedevelopment.org/handbook. Accessed March 30, 2021.
- Rates, determinants and success of implementing deprescribing in people with type 2 diabetes: A scoping review.Diabetic Med. 2021; 38e14408
- Outcome measures for interventions to reduce inappropriate chronic drugs: A narrative review.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2020; 68: 2390-2398
- Deprescribing antihyperglycemic agents in older persons: Evidence-based clinical practice guideline.Can Fam Physician. 2017; 63: 832-843
- A population-based analysis of antidiabetic medications in four Canadian provinces: Secular trends and prescribing patterns.Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2020; 29: 86-92