Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Key Messages: 2-3 messages, 140 characters max
1. Differences in risk factors that accelerate cardiovascular and muscle health declines in aging persons with T1D versus nondiabetic CON have not been studied.
2. Diastolic blood pressure and grip strength are significantly lower in those with T1D. The rate of decline is similar in CON and T1D over a 3-year follow-up period.
3. Diastolic blood pressure and grip strength are differentially regulated among groups. Disease duration is a significant predictor of outcomes in the T1D group.