Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
• Use of SGLT2is is increasing among patients with diabetes but remains low even in those with co-occurring CVD.
• Use is very low among older adults and may be improved by removing public drug plan formulary restrictions and enhancing physician education.
• Increasing use of SGLT2is could prevent substantial cardiovascular death and other events in Alberta.
Disclaimer: This study is based in part on data provided by Alberta Health. The interpretation and conclusions contained herein are those of the researchers and do not necessarily represent the views of the Government of Alberta. Neither the Government of Alberta or Alberta Health express any opinion in relation to this study.